Book Audio Tracks
Here’s where you can listen to and/or download companion audio tracks for Cindy’s harp books (in MP3 format). A ZIP file is available for easy download of all the tracks at once, or you can access individual tracks in the book’s MP3s folder. Click on a title below to access tracks for your book.
- Make Mine a Double
- Double the Weddings (Double Dozen Series Book 1)
- Double the O’Carolan Tunes (Double Dozen Series Book 2)
- NEW! Double the Carols (Double Dozen Series Book 3)
Double-Strung Harp Luthiers
Some luthiers build double harps as part of their regular product line; others build doubles by special order only. Contact luthiers directly for availability.
- Argent Fox (Kirkwood IL, USA)
- Blevins Harps (Grand Junction CO, USA)
- Dusty Strings (Seattle WA, USA)
- Hayden Harps (Waterloo ON, Canada)
- Lewis Creek Harps (Chelsea MI, USA)
- Marini Made Harps (New Holland PA, USA)
- Mountain Glen Harps (Phoenix OR, USA)
- Rees Harps Inc. (Rising Sun IN, USA)
- Sligo Harps (Silver Spring MD, USA)
- Stoney End (Red Wing MN, USA)
- Waring Harps (Guilford VT, USA)
Double-Strung Harp Performers, Teachers, & Composer/Arrangers
- Cindy Shelhart
- Jesse Autumn
- Carolyn Deal
- Anne Crosby Gaudet
- Beth Kollé
- Jo Morrison
- Karen Peterson
- Laurie Riley
- Verlene Schermer
Double-Strung Harp on Social Media
- Follow Cindy on Facebook
- Follow Cindy on Instagram
- Subscribe to Cindy’s YouTube channel
- Join the Double Strung Harp Group [private group] on Facebook
Welsh Triple Harp & Music Resources
The Welsh triple harp is the direct ancestor of today’s double-strung harp.
- Welsh triple harp performers include Elinor Bennett, Robin Huw Bowen, Eleri Darkins, Cheryl Ann Fulton, and Llio Rhydderch.
- Welsh harp music & reference books can be found at Cerdd Ystwyth Music, Creighton’s Collection, Clive Morley Harps, and Harp.com.
- Welsh cultural links include The Wales Harp Festival, The Welsh Folk Dance Society, and The Welsh North American Association. I’ve had the pleasure of playing for The Welsh Cambrian Society of Chicago.
Selected Welsh Music & Reference Books
I used many of these collections and reference books in writing Make Mine a Double.
- The Bardic Museum (1802), Edward Jones
- Blodau’r Grug: 100 o Alawon Dawnsio Poblogaidd Cymru [Flowers of the Heather: 100 Popular Welsh Folk Dance Tunes], Alex Hamilton and Robin Huw Bowen
- Cadw Twmpath: 100 Arall o Alawon Dawnsio Gwerin Cymreig [Preserving the Barn Dance: 100 More Welsh Folk Dance Tunes], Robin Huw Bowen
- Caneuon y Ddraig [Songs of the Dragon], The Welsh National Gymanfa Ganu Association [now The Welsh North American Association]
- A Collection of Welsh, English and Scotch [sic] Airs with New Variations, Also Four New Lessons for the Harp composed by John Parry, to Which Are Added Twelve Airs for the Guittar [sic] (1761), John Parry (John Parry Ddall Rhiwabon)
- The Harp in Wales, Bruce Cardwell
- The Harpmakers of Wales, Mair Roberts
- Manual or Method of Instruction for Playing the Welsh Harp (1902), Ellis Roberts (Eos Meirion)
- Musical and Poetical Relicks of the Welsh Bards (1784), Edward Jones
- The Story of the Harp in Wales, Osian Ellis
- Welsh and English Hymns and Anthems, The Welsh National Gymanfa Ganu Association [now The Welsh North American Association]
- The Welsh Harper (1839), John Parry (Bardd Alaw)
- Y Delyn [The Harp], Ann Rosser
- Y Delyn Deires: ymarferion i ddechreuwyr [The Welsh Triple Harp: Exercises for Beginners], Eleri Darkins
- Y Delyn Yng Nghymru Mewn Lluniau [The Harp in Wales in Pictures], D. Roy Saer